Dudes, I’ve made JACKETTTTTTTTTT!!!
I’m so, so pleased with it!!
And myself ;D
Pattern :: Butterick 6169
Fabric :: Self -Theory heavyweight stretch cotton. Lining – Stretch poly/rayon.
Notions :: Separating zipper, hair canvas, sleeve heads, iron-on interfacing.
Sewist’s Helper :: Sewalong on the Lisette blog. It is priceless and fabulous!
I made a muslin for this back in the spring, made up the front and back in the self fabric. And then stalled. As one does. My computer died and it was roughly 10 million degrees in my air condition-less apartment. I missed Neflix in the background and trying to sew while pouring sweat was making me sad and hostile. Luckily, things have cooled off and I’m using hubby’s laptop until I can get my baby serviced. Sewing, creating things and the sense of accomplishment it brings….I missed it. Indecision about what to work on made me turn to this project. It was already all cut out and ready to go.
I finished it in a couple of days. Completing this made me so happy!!
This is a huge CHECK MARK on my sewing milestones list! (PS- those are raindrops you see)
This pic shows my stellar hand sttiching work. That’s where I turned the jacket. It was a tense process!! I had never done it before so I was convinced that I had twisted the sleeves.
I spent a lot of time, on a solo trip, choosing the shell fabric. I knew I wanted stretch cotton, but I didn’t want it to be wimpy. I tugged and pulled and swatched several fabrics. By the time I went back the weekend of my anniversary, I had chosen this one. I brought three yards to be sure that I had enough as it was not very wide. I spent at least 30 mins choosing from the many, many lining options at Mood. I wish I had 15 yards of this one. Perfectly smooth, minimal fraying and a dream to sew. I’m so pleased with both!
A dream project and a happy making jacket. FTW
PS- My entire outfit is handmade!! Those are my Ginger Jeans and the top will be posted, soon!