Woohooooo!! I LOVE getting blog awards because I’ve spent so much of my “real” life avoiding competition that I haven’t had the chance to win many the traditional way!! LOL This lady, owner of one HELL of an awesome blog name, nominated me for this award! That means that I have to tell you 7 things about myself that you may not already know and pass the award on to 7 bloggers. I will get to the things about me today and add the links to the bloggers I nom, tomorrow.
Let’s see….what to tell that I haven’t already mentioned before?
1. I drink tea every single day. Sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. I drink it whether it’s 10 degrees or 100 degrees. I keep trying to branch out to fancy kinds, but I really, really love store brands that mix black pekoe in. Sorry, I am not fancy!
2. Continuing with my lack of fanciness. I don’t like fancy chocolate. Godiva? Rocher? Give me a Snicker’s bar or a Kit-Kat and call it a day! I haz an unsophisticated palette.
3. I only started eating spinach last year. It was one of those foods that I disliked without reason when I was young and as I grew older I just never tried. That changed when I went to my knitting group one Wednesday night, last summer. The only thing on the menu that seemed promising (and not covered in white sauce) was a grilled shrimp and mandarin orange salad. I ordered it and when the “salad” consisted of dark, leafy greens, I was a little taken aback. No matter how surprised I was, I was also extremely hungry. I dug in. It was delicious. I now eat approximately an entire bag of spinach a week.
4. About that white sauce mentioned above. I. DO. NOT. LIKE. WHITE. SAUCE. I have lots of weird food related dislikes and white sauce is right there on the top of the list. Well, under baby peas. I hate baby peas. I am really funny about food textures (grits, oatmeal, avocados, blended soups) and something about the squish of peas is gross to me.
5. Talking of peas. I pick them out of my canned vegetable soup. I stand there and pick every little fucker out. I make super sure so I don’t squish down on a pea and ruin my soup eating experience.
6. The thing about the soup. It’s vegetarian vegetable soup. Usually with alphabets. I know it’s okay for adults to like letters in their soup, but I am not, and never have been, a vegetarian. I also only like Heinz vegetarian beans. Even when I still ate pork, I did not like pork ‘n’ beans.
7. When I was younger, I went through a…phase where I wanted to be all natural or something. I stopped chemically straightening my hair and planned to stop eating meat. I started with pork. Well, it turns out, I also ended with pork. Lol I haven’t eaten it in over 10 years, but it’s more out of habit than any great commitment on my part.
Well, that’s all folks!!!
I have SO MUCH cool shit to share with you! This week was like the mother load of free stuff!! That teapot above is just the tippy, tip of the iceberg!!