My last baby no longer looks like one. It was a little sad watching his hair go. Although if I’m going to be honest, it was high time we did something with it 🙂
- He handled the haircut better than I thought he would. He sat still and only cried when a tangled section was cut.
- He was unusually subdued right afterward.
- He simultaneously looks more like his brother, my dad and my little brother.
- I know I’m his mommy but I think he is even cuter than before 🙂
- His mood picked back up in a big way. He has climbed over, crawled under, or pushed out of his way every obstacle we set up to keep him corralled in one place. It’s like a game for him, a game that he is really, really good at.
- We are now officially faced with the decision of putting him in a toddler bed. I walked into my bedroom this morning and found him with one leg slung over the side of the bed. Can you say YIKES!
- He loves to share his (wet, soggy, crumpled) food with everyone. He is very sweet and giving. I hope he always stays that way.
- He is also a momma’s boy. He clings to me like I may disappear when I pick him up.
- He is so huge that with the short hair it’s hard to tell the difference between the two boys from a distance. By the time they’re five or so, people will start thinking he and Woodji are the the twins. ETA: Woodji just looked at the pic above and thought it was him. They look that much alike.
- Lastly I always want to remember how much I love him right now, so that the teen years are easier to stomach 🙂