I know it’s sort of cop out to answer a meme after the lackluster posting of late. But I had a (very flattering) request to get to know me better from Turquoizblue of This is Crochet
“The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.”
1) What was I doing 10 years ago?
- I was tired from both working and going to school full time, excited that the semester was over, happy because my best friend was home from school, and probably spending money on clothes and shoes as I had no children then🙂
2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today?
- Help Missy with her homework (with great patience)
- Make dinner (with great reluctance)
- Bathe the children (with great trepidation)
- Finish the Lauri dress (with great pleasure)
- Wash the dishes (with great annoyance)
3) Snacks I enjoy:
- This changes often as I am a snack eating fool. Right now top on the list are: Keebler fudge stripes, Hostess donuts, twizzlers, and pretzels
4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
- The very first thing I would do is buy a house in my old neighborhood.
- Then I would create the most tricked out craft room known to woman😉
- Then the standard follows: take care of family, travel everyday that the children didn’t have school, enroll them in every dance, music, and little league lesson that they desired, finally build a fashionable wardrobe, take classes in any and everything I wanted to, and of course knit!
- I would also have four businesses. A family run restaurant, a craft school, a film production company and a non-profit that would help young/single/overwhelmed parents.
- I would buy property. A lot of property. I would flip some and sell them below market rate to low income, working families.
5) Places I have lived:
- Ft. Greene, Brooklyn. Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn. Then back to Ft. Greene, and then Bed-Stuy again.
6) Jobs I have had:
- Cashier in an electronics store, I met my husband there
- At the phone company tracking down people to charge long distance calls to
- Customer service, if you were ticketed in the subway I was the one you yelled at over the phone
- More customer service, and more yelling, but for lots of different reasons
- SAHM, the most difficult thing I have ever done
7) Bloggers I am tagging who you will enjoy getting to know better:
I will take the usual cop out here and say anyone that wants to answer should. All of the people that I would like to know better are too cool to read my blog🙂
Knitting and crochet next time. Brooklyn girls honor🙂