1. Always, ALWAYS print out the emails containing the address of the place you’re going. I should know this already thanks to the last time I did it. (Story about that coming soon)
2. People on the subway are assholes. A HUGE woman, easily 6 feet tall, squeezed herself in the seat next to me, then proceeded to lean back on my right arm.
3. Don’t give the assholes an icy stare. One of them may kick your(my) ass.
4. Sometimes people entertain for money on the train. Today they played mariachi music. One had a string instrument whose name escapes me. It was huge. Try not to give them icy glares either.
5. Shopping IS fun when you’ll wear the clothes to places other than Missy’s school and the grocery store.
6. You are NOT a size 8 anymore. Sometimes, you’re not a size 10, either. I can fit into some of my size 8 pants, none of my size 8 skirts and not a single size 8 that I tried on today. Some I could get up but not closed, some gave me good laugh at the places they chose to become stuck.
7. Don’t ever go so long without buying socks again. They’re not that expensive. I really have no excuse for what I’ve been putting on my feet.