These are my mitten swap mittens. Ends woven in and everything
I bought two skeins of yarn to make them and only needed one.
If you can guess the pattern you could win yarn!
If more than one person guesses correctly I’ll do one of those nifty random number jobies and send it off
You can comment here and on flickr. Or both. Two entries are better than one! Just click the picture!
You have until Friday at midnight!
I think it’s been a while since I’ve posted. A lot has gone on.
I’ve started my job. I made two weeks in, on Friday.
But more importantly, and an explanation for that picture, the hubby and I had three nights(!!!!) totally to ourselves!!
He arranged for my Mother-in-law to have ALL of the kiddies and booked us a fancy pants hotel room!
This is the fist time, ever, that all of them have been away at the same time. In fact, the twins have only been away from us for 1 night, and that was at my mother’s house right next door.
It was awesome. I even got some knitting done ;D
I’m knitting Francis Revisited. I’ve made great progress since picking it back up.
I took a break to knit my swap mittens. No pictures until after the party Saturday!
I’m so disjointed I can hardly compose this post
It’s a good disjointed, though.
1. Always, ALWAYS print out the emails containing the address of the place you’re going. I should know this already thanks to the last time I did it. (Story about that coming soon)
2. People on the subway are assholes. A HUGE woman, easily 6 feet tall, squeezed herself in the seat next to me, then proceeded to lean back on my right arm.
3. Don’t give the assholes an icy stare. One of them may kick your(my) ass.
4. Sometimes people entertain for money on the train. Today they played mariachi music. One had a string instrument whose name escapes me. It was huge. Try not to give them icy glares either.
5. Shopping IS fun when you’ll wear the clothes to places other than Missy’s school and the grocery store.
6. You are NOT a size 8 anymore. Sometimes, you’re not a size 10, either. I can fit into some of my size 8 pants, none of my size 8 skirts and not a single size 8 that I tried on today. Some I could get up but not closed, some gave me good laugh at the places they chose to become stuck.
7. Don’t ever go so long without buying socks again. They’re not that expensive. I really have no excuse for what I’ve been putting on my feet.