Pattern: Jems Collection by Saunshine
Yarn: TLC Cotton Plus in Red (creative name)
Needles: Denise size 8 and size 6 for ribbing at neckline
I just realized that I did sort of make some mod’s to this pattern. I didn’t do the edge stitch on the sleeve portion. I knit until about 7 inches on the front before the BO for the scoop neck. My gauge was different so I followed one of the larger sizes directions but my measurements are closer to the smallest size.
Plus I had the biggest revelation while knitting this. My stitches always looked a little off to me when I knit. I thought I must be purling wrong because that seemed to be such a common mistake. Well I checked books and online tute’s and I purled correctly. So what the hell was the deal? It turns out that I made my knit stitches incorrectly. I was wrapping the yarn around the needle instead of picking at it with the needle (I knit continental). Light bulb moment! I never knit anything with tons of ribbing because it always looked weird. Ribbed sweaters here I come!
Today I worked on my PS postcard for my partner Coarine, sorry forgot to take a photo. I also made a yarn doll for my cousin and worked on my embroidered piece some more.
Her outfit is made from an old sweater that will become a few other things and the black and white print is from some material I got in Africa.
I’ll try to remember to take a pic of my card before I mail it off later this week. = )
EDIT: Pattern specs edited above.